Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Analysis of Project in the Real World

Today in the world we are bombarded by advertisements from everywhere, we see them going to the grocery store, to school, and to work. As an advertiser your job is to reach your desired customer and influence them to buy the product. In specifics to commercial ads “We're exposed to these commercials every day, but we rarely realize their true impact on us. They can influence us to buy things we don't need…desire a lifestyle that we wouldn't necessarily agree with.” There are some imperative questions that must be answered with your commercial in order to be analyze and identified as effective. Questions such as “What is the product or service being sold?, What is the general mood or feeling of the commercial?, How does the commercial try to get your attention?, Who is this commercial aimed towards?, and How do the actors playing the characters affect your interpretation of the commercial?” If I were to create and ad for a vehicle in real life I would definitely chose to prepare a commercial advertisement. Not only because it seems fun but because when you broadcast on television you are guaranteed that your ad will be seen. "TV is the giant megaphone," said Isaac Weber, VP of strategy at MarketShare. "When you want to get a message out, that's still really the most powerful means to do it.” I shared my commercial idea and showed my webpage to 5 people, two of which were technically strangers to me (classmates). The feedback I received differed from person to person. Overall they all liked what I had prepared, they could see what I was envisioning for the commercial, I got advice and input that they felt would amp up what I had created. The webpage mockup was successful and everyone liked it, though my ad is not comparable to those created by graphic designers, it got the message across and I was told it looks easy to navigate so that was great feedback to hear. Stephan Vogel, Ogilvy & Mather Germany’s chief creative officer said “Nothing is more efficient than creative advertising. Creative advertising is more memorable, longer lasting, works with less media spending, and builds a fan community…faster.” That’s what I set out to do when I was making my promotions, this practice will only help train my eye and help me become better at creating advertisements.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment